Further we would like to bring to your kind information that throughout your life you need not have to sail on ships after some experience you deck officers and marine engineers they have facility that if they wish to settle down in a shore job in this case you will compromise with the wages. Options for various marine related jobs as follows:
1. Surveyors and Examiners employed by Government of India (Mercantile Marine Department, Indian Registry of Shipping and Directorate General of Shipping).
2. Surveyors in various Classification Societies.
3. Surveyors in various private organizations for settlement of insurance claims, damage assessment and cargo calculations, etc.
4. Trainers in various Director General of Shipping approved private Institutes.
5. Deck Officers also can join as a Pilots employed by Port Trust in Major Ports.
6. Technical Superintendents many private companies offer to look after various type of work i.e. chartering, brokering, fixture of ships to carry cargo, sale and purchase of ships, ships operation and ships manning.